Saturday, June 7, 2008

My Fourth Painting


OK so I took the plunge and converted to oil paints. I had been somewhat reluctant until now because the first time I tried oils about 20 years ago I could understand why the paint hadn't dried after three days.

Of course now I know it takes up to 2 weeks to dry.

Anyways, here's my fourth painting, or the next in my "learn to paint" series. I'm quite pleased with the results and I think it's definitely the best I've done so far. I would even go so far as to say I would be willing to accept an offer for this one should anyone want to buy it.

I chose this painting to do because it only uses three colours (white, brown and blue) so I figured it would keep my expenditure down.

I was happy enough with the result that I started another one the next day in the same style but this time painting an image from my head rather than following a tutorial. I've almost finished it and will have a pic posted in the next day or two.

Once again feel free to comment on my painting...cheers.

No comments: