Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Power your car on water

Converting water to hydrogen and oxygen (or HHO gas) is another current interest of mine. Admittedly my drive to get this project completed is not as strong as I might like so it's been dragging on a bit.
General consensus says that it take more energy to produce hydrogen than it you get from the hydrogen itself so it's a fruitless exercise.
Whilst I'm no scientist this kind of sounds like crap to me. Another myth generated by petroleum companies.
What I do know is that when I installed my first HHO producing cell in my car I notice an increase in power and a slight decrease in fuel consumption.
I'm now into building my fourth HHO cell after some trial and error which should produce about 1.5 to 2 litres of gas pr minute at about 30 amps.
I'm hoping this will translate to about a 20-30% reduction in fuel consumption in my car which is a Toyota Corolla 1.6 litre twin cam.
Time will tell.
I can't take any of the credit for the idea though, people have been doing this for a long time, with some claiming to run their cars completely on hydrogen alone.
Much of my design is taken from a guy I've been following on Youtube.
here's the link if you're interested(he's very thorough in his research and testing)
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=johnaarons
I haven't touched it for a few weeks but once it's complete I'll post some results.

No comments: